1. In recognition of the risk of injury while participating in The Path of Hope: A 5K Journey to Benefit the Connecticut Brain Tumor Alliance, Inc. (the “Event”), and as consideration for the right to participate in the Event, I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, or personal representatives knowingly and voluntarily enter into this waiver and release of liability (hereinafter, the “Agreement”) and hereby waive any and all rights, claims, or causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising out of my participation in the Event, and do hereby release and forever discharge the Connecticut Brain Tumor Alliance, Inc., the Event, and its affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, employees, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns, the event site, all sponsors and/or beneficiaries of the Event (collectively “Hosts”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, damages, actions, or causes of action now existing or which hereinafter may arise as a result of my participation in the Event, whether any injury is caused by the negligence of the Hosts, the negligence of myself or third parties, and/or the conditions of the course or any other cause.
2. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Hosts against any and all claims, suits or actions of any kind whatsoever for liability, damages, compensation or otherwise brought by me or anyone on my behalf, including attorneys’ fees, if litigation arises on account of claims made by me or anyone on my behalf.
3. If any of my minor children are participating in the Event, I agree, on behalf of each of those children, to release and hold harmless the Hosts from any fault or liability for any personal harm or damages we may incur as a result of participating in the Event.
4. I attest that I am physically fit and have trained sufficiently for the Event, and that a licensed medical doctor has verified my physical condition. For safety purposes, I agree to refrain from using headphones, cellular phones and/or any electronic devices during the Event.
5. If emergency medical care is needed for myself and/or my minor child/children during the Event, and if I am unable to convey authority to receive treatment, I hereby grant the Host authority to request the administration of emergency medical care as deemed appropriate and necessary by emergency medical personnel. I attest that I have provided emergency contact information along with my registration to enable, but not require, the Hosts to contact said person.
6. I recognize that photographs, video recordings, and promotional materials will be taken during the Event. I agree to grant the Hosts full permission to use any photographs and/or video recordings of the Event that contain my likeness for any purpose whatsoever.
7. I acknowledge that this Agreement is the entire agreement between the Hosts and me, and that this Agreement cannot be modified or changed in any way by representations or statements of the Host or by me. The invalidity or unenforceability of any one or more portions of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining portions of this Agreement.
8. I hereby declare that I have read and fully understand the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and that by signing, I agree to the terms of this waiver and assent to all of the terms and conditions as mentioned herein.